Note: This feature is only available with a valid LiveProject Project Collaboration
license or trial account.
Click here to sign up for a trial or purchase licenses
LiveProject explorer can be started by:
Sometimes, LiveProject will prompt you to select a file from the server. For example,
it might prompt you when adding a project viewer,
in which case you also will see the LiveProject Explorer window. When prompted,
the full functionality of Explorer may not be available.
The LiveProject Explorer window shows a view of the files and folders stored in
your company account on the LiveProject Server.
Note: Some of the following functionality requires that you have sufficient rights
to perform the operation.
- You can drag and drop files into and within the LiveProject Explorer window, directly
from your local desktop or file system.
- You can download files and or folders by selecting them in the LiveProject Explorer
window and then selecting Download from the right-click context menu.
- You can rename files and folders.
- You can right-click for a context-sensitive menu, which allows you to:
- View project files (mpp project files only).
- Create a new folder via the menu New Resource > Folder
- Clear 'changed' resources (removes bold)
- Import files via the menu New Resource > Import file
- Delete and download files
- View properties for the files
- Show the revision log for the selected
- Secure Project (For Managers
- Secure Project Settings (For
- Publish files. See below.
- Copy to an existing shared file.
- Assign access-rights to folder through the right-click context menu on a folder
> Access Rights. (For Managers only).
- Select a new manager by right-clicking on
a file and selecting Properties, then click the
Change Manager button. (For Managers only).
- Share a file by right-clicking on a file and
selecting Properties, then check the check
box 'Allow file to be edited by others'. This will allow other users to overwrite
and update the file. (For Managers only).
Changed resources (shown in bold)
Recently changed resources are shown in bold (unless option is turned off)
to help visually see what resources (folder, documents, projects etc.) have
been changed recently. Changed resources can be cleared by selecting the
changed resource or by manually clearing them through the Clear 'changed'
resources context menu item.
Sharing a file allows other users (other than the manager) to overwrite and update
the file by right-clicking on a file and selecting Copy to <filename> or by
drag and dropping a file. The users must still have write privileges for the given
folder. Only the manager of the file is allowed to change the name or delete the
You can easily spot a shared file by the
Publishing a file involves copying the original file, from its original location,
to the LiveProject Server. LiveProject is aware of each file's original location,
so in Explorer you may select the file and publish it via the context-sensitive
Note: LiveProject will monitor local files for changes. If you are a manager of a
file and you edit your local copy, LiveProject will prompt you to publish it to
the LiveProject Server. If you do not publish, no one will be able to see your changes.
You can publish at any time manually via the explorer window.